Some days I'm all about green smoothies and kale chips.
Others I'm about chocolate. ALL. THE. CHOCOLATE.
So when I have a treat, I want it to be tasty, a little guilty but also healthy enough to not make me feel like death after eating it.
I found this great recipe right here, but I amended it slightly because I found it a little sweet. So below is what I make and love. These are a huge hit in our house and we always share the batch with our friends who live close by, because putting this much love into something deserves to be shared around.
PALEO CHOCOLATE BROWNIES
- 3/4 cup + 2 1/2 tablespoons (104 grams) raw cacao powder
- 2/3 cup + 2 tablespoons (80 grams) almond meal
- 1 1/2 teaspoons GF baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup + 1 tablespoon (126 grams) coconut oil, melted
- 2/3 cup (213 grams) honey
- 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 4 large eggs, room temperature
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- Preheat your oven to 175 °C and line a muffin pan.
- In a medium mixing bowl, stir together the raw cacao powder, almond meal, baking powder and salt. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, stir together the melted coconut oil, honey, applesauce, eggs and vanilla. Add the dry mixture to the wet and stir just until combined.
- Pour the batter evenly into the muffin liners, about 3/4 full.
- Bake for 24-28 minutes. A toothpick inserted in the middle should come out mostly clean.
- Let cool for 5 minutes and then remove to a wire rack to cool completely. These do not taste very good straight out of the oven. I recommend letting them sit for 2 hours and then frosting.